Priority Deadline: April 12, 2015
Final Deadline: June 26, 2015
Students who would like to be considered for Stafford Loans and/or Pell Grant for the summer 2015 semester must complete the application form linked below. Please review the eligibility criteria below and see the Summer/Winter page for more information.
- You must be admitted as a UMBC degree-seeking student and meeting the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards.
- If you are an incoming freshman, do not complete this application. Please make an appointment to speak with a financial aid counselor regarding your aid options.
- You must have a valid 2014-2015 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file with our office.
- Visit www.fafsa.gov to apply online with our school code 002105.
- You must submit all requested documents to our office.
- You must be enrolled in all courses you plan to take for all summer sessions prior to submitting the 2015 Summer Aid Application to our office.
Additional Pell Grant Requirements:
- You must be eligible for Pell Grant as stated on your Student Aid Report resulting from your FAFSA application.
- It is recommended that your 2015-2016 FAFSA be on file. If ineligible for Pell Grant from 2014-2015 you will be reviewed for Summer Pell Grant eligibility based upon your 2015-2016 FAFSA. All requested documents must be submitted for this review.
Additional Stafford Loan Requirements:
- A valid Master Promissory Note must be completed and on record with our office. Follow the instructions on our Loans page to apply.
- You must be enrolled for the Summer Session I and/or Summer Session II terms for a combined 6 credits to be eligible for Federal Stafford Loans. Audited courses do not count toward enrollment for financial aid purposes.
- Federal Stafford Loans will only be processed for students who have remaining loan eligibility from the fall 2014/spring 2015 award year. Speak with your Financial Aid Counselor to determine if you have eligibility for the Stafford Loan.
How will it pay my bill?
- Stafford Loans and/or Pell Grants may not cover your full summer charges. Calculate your anticipated expenses and anticipated summer aid to determine your out of pocket cost. If you require additional financial assistance for summer see “Other Types of Aid” below.
- A late fee will be assessed if you do not pay the difference prior to your billing due date.
- The summer term consists of all summer sessions. For this reason, final aid eligibility will be reviewed following the last add/drop date of Summer Session II. Aid will be approved or adjusted based upon your final enrollment for the combined summer terms and will be released to apply to your billing account mid-July.
Other Types of Aid Available:
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan or Federal Direct Grad Plus Loan
- A valid Master Promissory Note and Federal Direct PLUS Loan Application must be completed and on record with our office to receive the PLUS Loan. Follow the instructions on our Loans page to learn how to request the PLUS Loan.
- You must be enrolled for the Summer Session I and/or Summer Session II terms for a combined 6 credits to be eligible for a Federal PLUS Loan. Audited and wait listed courses do not count toward enrollment for financial aid purposes.
- Alternative Loan
- A valid application must be submitted to the lender of your choice. Follow the instructions on our Loans page to learn how you may apply for an Alternative Loan.
The deadline for this application has passed.