The exit counseling session is intended to help you understand your rights and responsibilities as a student loan borrower. This counseling session may provide helpful tips and information to help you manage your loans.
Please note that you must complete the entire session once you begin. If you exit the counseling before completing the session and return later, you will need to start over from the beginning. Be prepared to provide your driver’s license number (if you have one), addresses, and phone numbers of your next of kin, two references who live in the United States, and your future employer (if known).
Follow these instructions to complete the Exit Counseling requirement:
- Go to www.studentloans.gov.
- Sign in using your information and federal PIN number.
- Click on Complete Counseling.
- Click on Exit Counseling.
- Under Select Your Schools, select UMBC and then click Add School.
- Complete the Exit Counseling session.
Perkins Loan Repayment
If you have received a Federal Perkins loan, you may find more information about Exit Counseling through Student Business Services.