The Edward T. Conroy Memorial Scholarship Program is funded by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) and administered by UMBC’s Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. The award is for Maryland resident undergraduate and graduate students who meet one of the following criteria:
- Sons, daughters, and stepchildren of members of the United States armed forces who died as a result of military service or who suffered a service connected 100% permanent disability as a result of military service;
- A veteran who suffers a service connected disability of 25% or greater as a result of military service and has exhausted or is no longer eligible for federal veterans’ educational benefits;
- POW/MIA’s of the Vietnam Conflict and their sons and daughters;
- Sons, daughters, stepchildren, and surviving spouses (who have not remarried) of victims of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks who died as a result of the attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City, the attack on the Pentagon in Virginia, or the crash of United Airlines Flight #93 in Pennsylvania;
- Sons, daughters, stepchildren, and surviving spouses (who have not remarried) of State or local public safety employees or volunteers, or of school employees who, as a result of an act of violence either died in the line of duty or who sustained an injury in the line of duty that rendered the public safety employee or volunteer or school employee 100% disabled.
If you meet one or more of these criteria, please complete the application below and submit it along with all supporting documents to UMBC’s Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships by July 15th, 2017.
Eligibility decisions are emailed to students. Eligible students will see the scholarship reflected in their award offer on their myUMBC account. Ineligible students may appeal to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. A typed letter and supporting eligibility documentation must be provided if requesting an appeal. Documentation should be forwarded to Jennifer Sandler, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.