We’re glad you’re considering UMBC! The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships is dedicated to assisting students in understanding the financial aid process.
UMBC is pleased to provide a student aid calculator as a guide for early financial planning for college. This calculator will provide a preliminary estimate of federal and institutional aid eligibility. The calculator is intended for use by U.S. citizens or permanent residents who will be incoming first-year, full-time students entering the fall semester pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
Please note this calculator is for estimates only and the actual award package will vary depending on the time of year, regulatory and institutional policy changes, availability of funds as well as verifiable financial information.
Click on “Net Price Calculator” below for your estimate:
- Apply for admission with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Create your myUMBC account and join UMBC’s online community.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online or via the myStudentAid mobile app.
Be sure to include our school code, 002105, and retain your confirmation page for your records. Need help submitting the FAFSA? Get help directly from the source.
- Summer 2023 Fall 2023/Spring 2024: Submit the 2023-2024 FAFSA after October 1, 2022, but by March 1, 2023, for priority consideration for financial aid.
- Summer 2023/Fall 2024/Spring 2025: Submit the 2024-2025 FAFSA when it is released in December, 2023 for priority financial aid consideration.
Apply for Scholarships:
UMBC offers both need and merit-based aid for prospective freshmen and transfer students. Learn more about the scholarship opportunities available at UMBC here:
Our staff is available Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM. Feel free to contact our office with any questions you might have! Be sure to visit the rest of our website for more information that may meet your specific needs.