All documents received are logged and linked to your financial aid record. myUMBC Alerts will disappear within two (2) business days of receipt. Processing of financial aid documents may take up to four (4) weeks. You should expect that processing times may approach this limit during high-volume periods, such as the start of each term, add/drop, and admissions deadlines. Please continue to monitor your myUMBC account for correspondence or requests from our office and staff.
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships uses DocuSign for electronic document submission and verification of electronic signatures. This secure platform allows users to complete and submit documents from almost anywhere and is compatible with all browsers, including mobile. You must be logged into your myUMBC account to complete and submit forms via DocuSign. New students should upgrade their myUMBC account before accessing or submitting our electronic forms. For more information about DocuSign, see How DocuSign Works.
Accidentally create duplicate DocuSign forms?
You can void duplicate forms by clicking on “Other Actions” at the top right corner of the duplicate form and selecting “Decline to Sign”. You can also delete duplicate forms from DocuSign if you accidentally create more than one. Read How to Delete Duplicate DocuSign Forms for more information.
Note: Please be aware that if you delete/void an in-process form you sent, manage, or is shared with you, it will also void the transaction for all recipients.
2023-2024 Academic Year
- Private Scholarship Notification Form – Please complete this form if you are receiving a scholarship from an external provided.
- Do not include any scholarships received from MHEC (Maryland Higher Education Commission).
- December 2023 Graduation Form – Please complete this form if you intend to complete your undergraduate degree during Fall 2023.
- 2023-2024 Change in Circumstances Appeal
- 2023-2024 Housing Update Form – Please complete this form only if your housing status is different than indicated on your financial aid award notification and your 2023-2024 FAFSA.
- Enrollment Update Form – Please complete this form only if your planned enrollment changes from full-time (12+ credits) to part-time (fewer than 12 credits) or vice versa.
- 2023-2024 Loan Reinstatement/Increase Request Form-Complete this form if you have declined your loans/accepted less than your maximum eligibility and wish to request increase or reinstatement.
- 2023-2024 Loan Cancelation/Decrease Request Form– Complete this form if you wish to reduce or cancel accepted Federal Direct Loans, Federal Graduate Plus Loans, or Alternative loans.
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships has several forms that must be submitted in hard copy. The following PDF forms can be completed on your computer using Adobe Acrobat Reader. Upon completion, please print, review and sign in blue or black ink before submitting them to our office.
Any electronic form can be printed by clicking on the “Print” icon located in the DocuSign toolbar. This is useful for students experiencing trouble with document submission. Additionally, most electronic forms can be provided in PDF format upon request.
To safeguard your personal information, please do not send sensitive information to us via email.
- 2023-2024 Parent PLUS Adjustment Form– The borrower (parent) of the Parent PLUS loan may request a change to their loan by submitting a completed Parent PLUS Adjustment Form directly to their counselor HERE. When submitting the request, please use the same email address that was used to apply for the Parent PLUS loan.
- A Plus Adjustment Form is only required when UMBC has received and processed a PLUS loan from StudentAid.gov.
- If your parent does not intend to apply for the loan, you can simply decline the loan offer in your award package.