UMBC Grant is an institutional award for undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need. Students may also see the award posted under the name Donor Supported Scholarship. The awards range from $500 to $3,000 per year and priority is given to students who meet the FAFSA priority application deadline of March 1st.
Please note that any changes to the FAFSA data may result in an adjustment to your UMBC Grant, including but not limited to:
- Review of your FAFSA due to Verification.
- Enrollment less than half-time (6 credits undergraduate).
- Students who will be enrolled less than full-time must complete the Enrollment Update Form. We also recommend that you contact our office to discuss how part-time enrollment may impact your award(s).
- Change in your housing status from what was reported on the FAFSA. If your housing plans have changed you must complete the Housing Update Form.
- Corrections made by staff due to conflicting university data.
You will receive an electronic notification each time your award package has been adjusted.