A grant is a type of gift aid that does not require repayment. Each grant has different requirements for eligibility. Eligibility for need based grants is determined by the information provided by the student on the FAFSA.
After the FAFSA is filed, you are automatically considered for the following grants based on your eligibility:
Students who are interested in a career in teaching may want to inquire about the TEACH Grant. Students are not automatically considered for TEACH Grant eligibility. Interested students should contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Loans are awarded after your eligibility for grants, scholarships, Federal Work-Study (FWS) and any other awarded aid is considered. Your financial aid package may include loans that are need based and/or non-need based financial aid.
After the FAFSA is filed, you are automatically considered for the following federal loans based on your eligibility:
Students who are interested in additional funding, may want to consider a Federal Parent PLUS Loan (for dependent students), a Federal Grad PLUS loan (for graduate students) and/or anAlternative (Private) Loan. To be considered for these loans, students will need to file a separate application.
Adjustments to your Financial Aid
Please note that any changes to the FAFSA data may result in an adjustment to your financial aid package, including but not limited to:
- Review of your FAFSA due to Verification.
- Enrollment less than full-time (12 credits undergraduate/9 credits graduate). Students who will be enrolled less than full-time must complete the Enrollment Update Form. We also recommend that you contact our office to discuss how part-time enrollment may impact your award(s).
- Please note students must be enrolled at least six credits to receive a Federal Stafford, Parent PLUS or Grad PLUS Loan
- Change in your housing status from what was reported on the FAFSA. If your housing plans have changed you must complete the Housing Update Form.
- Corrections made by staff due to conflicting university data.
You will receive an electronic notification each time your award package has been adjusted.