Requirements for Federal, State and Institutional Aid
- You must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or an Eligible Non-citizen.
- Male students, ages 18-25, must be registered for Selective Service System.
- You must have a High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) High School Equivalency Diploma.
- You must be working towards a degree or approved certificate at UMBC.
- Audited classes do not count towards a degree or approved certificate at UMBC and therefore are not eligible for Financial Aid. Aid received for any courses changed from graded to audited during the semester will be reduced and/or cancelled.
- You may not be in default on any federal educational loans or owe a refund on a federal grant.
- You must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress.