Winter Aid 2016
Generally, there is no additional aid available specifically for winter session. However, Pell eligible students are encouraged to contact their financial aid counselor to discuss their fall and winter enrollment plans. Pell Grant recipients who are enrolled for less than 12 credits in fall may be eligible for additional Pell Grant based on their combined fall and winter enrollment. Pell Grant recipients enrolled full time for the fall semester will receive their maximum Pell Grant and therefore will not have additional eligibility based on winter enrollment.
Students who enroll in fall and winter terms for less than 6 credit hours in either term may be eligible to use their combined enrollment for Federal Stafford Loan eligibility if the total combined enrollment is 6 credit hours or more. Students are encouraged to contact their financial aid counselor to discuss winter and spring aid eligibility.
For more information about Winter Session 2016, please visit the UMBC Winter Session website.
Summer Aid 2015
Financial aid for summer sessions may be available for eligible UMBC students that are making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Since the summer semester is a combination of all sessions within Summer Session 1 and 2 – your eligibility for financial aid will be finalized after the drop/add date for Summer Session 2. Aid will be approved or adjusted based upon your final enrollment at UMBC for the combined summer terms and will be released to apply to your bill in mid-July. Along with meeting SAP standards, students should also meet the following criteria:
- Be working towards a degree or approved certificate at UMBC
- Have a valid 2014-2015 FAFSA on file
- Submit a 2015 Summer Financial Aid Application
- Applications should be submitted by the priority deadline of April 12th in order for your application to be processed by the first billing due date. The final deadline for all applications is June 26.
- Complete the Federal Stafford and/or PLUS loan applications by June 26 if not already on file.
- Students must be enrolled in at least six (6) credits and
- Have remaining loan eligibility for 2014-2015 (did not use the maximum loan amounts during fall 2014/spring 2015)
For more information please visit the UMBC Summer Session website.
New! Monthly Payment Plan
UMBC now offers the Monthly Plan Plan (MPP) for the summer semester to help budget your out of pocket costs currently not covered by any financial aid. For a list of allowable charges and for more information on the plan contact Student Business Services.